View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2012, 09:41 PM

I guess what I tried to convey with my last post wasn't as obvious as I thought. I agree with you, dancey, but you can't seriously expect the Staff to disable a feature simply because there are a few douchebags which use it the 'wrong' way. If they go and follow your suggestion, what's going to stop me from requesting to disable stuff like private messages and contact information fields, the next time? You have no idea how much of this crap happens in the movie soundtrack/score scene: loads of folks which pre-order copies of the latest Intrada and/or La-La Land just to sell them at a much higher price. Oh, don't tell me, you don't give a crap about it.

It's not the tool to blame, but the one using it.

There's nothing wrong with the act itself. Obviously, the guy above wouldn't have stirred so much trouble with a different, more subtle approach... but still, give the offender(s) a warning, or ban directly. There's no need to completely disable such option, it can be used with "perfectly fine and legit intentions": if I want to sell an album as soon as I get my hands on it, I'm totally entitled to do so, I don't give a shit if you don't like it... or if you automatically assume I'm going to be a pirate and keep a digital copy to myself, that... unless proved otherwise (something you can't really do, in most cases)... is only a thought of yours, folks.

What I'm suggesting, basically, is to punish the user(s) which take the 'Calatia' approach. That should be enough.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Sep 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Corrections