View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:51 PM

Thank you for the feedback _if !!

Sure, I think I was hesitant to add another layer, but I'll try out maybe a long legato melody to that part. I don't know much about mixing, so thanks for the advice on the drum parts.

The game's been submitted so I won't make any changes that will make it into the game, but I'll play around with another mix for myself and try out your suggestions.

Yes my brother asked for a retro "cute" tune for NekoRush, but I look forward to trying out different styles too - on the cheap, for now.

Yeah except for the "QueensOfMetal.com" tracks, those others are just guitar tracks for previous band projects, for showing people I was jamming with, I should take them down... Line 6 Pod X3. I think I'm really loving making game/MIDI music because I can just be creative and my lack of knowledge about recording and mixing audio (especially distorted multi tracked guitars) doesn't get in the way of making something decent sounding.

I think you listened to Level10guitar's track -- not mine. Though I wish it was haha.

I guess like writing, recording, or mixing conventions specific to VGM, if there are ideas that exist in the community of what's considered acceptable and not? just curious. Maybe it's a too big a topic. It seems like anything goes, which I'm loving, but if there are like any newbie mistakes that happen, someone pls let me know! :P