View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:27 AM

Oh yeah, I'd love to see some research into how much T-Square influenced game music in the '90s and '00s, Gran Turismo and 2 notwithstanding...

Hosoe and the gang were about jazz-fusion all through the '90s and early '00s especially, heh. It's all over the Troubadour albums, all over their Namco and Arika works, etc. I kinda like the hard rave stuff they do these days, and Hosoe's cool synth guitar stuff, but I don't think I'm alone in saying we need more Strange Sunsets!

Somewhat related but definitely the wrong topic, I kinda liked Yousuke Yasui's older style from Rockman EXE Transmission as much as his current, and I wish he would pay tribute to that older work somehow. Of course, I already feel like Bust a Move! (especially Zero G) from Ginga Force (Yasui) is related to the Ura Net theme (Hosoe) or Transmission in general, so I don't know. Going a bit further, I feel like Excavation Express from Ginga Force (from an obscure composer named Kazuhiro Kobayashi) evokes Transmission and the like pretty hardcore; would make a very good Rockman theme for many of the subseries.

Last edited by Despatche; Jul 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM.