View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2015, 06:33 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Are you proposing a major wholesale change here to all anime albums? Most vocal albums don't have the anime noted in the title either.

I think there is some flexibility in our titling system based on submitter judgement. Maybe there is a particular series that cause more problems than others do. I don't want to make a blanket change though.
Not really, I can't think of many albums that have this "problem". Other than 3 kato's soundtrack (this one, this and this) and love live (this and a couple others with a similar title), I can't actually think of any other.

Excluding singles and artist albums (that are obviously fine with their current titles), most vocal albums actually do have the anime title on the front cover.
The few that don't, like this, are basically the same as this one as in what we use a title is actually just the subtitle of the album.
For example in this search pretty much all the albums have the anime name at the beginning, it's actually hard to find some that don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
You might want to invert the format it like "subtitle: TV Anime Name Original Soundtrack" so that it doesn't end up alphabetized under T.
This is what I would put in the title if everything was on the front:
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Original Sound Track: Zwei de Plätze
which is what is printed on the obi without the TV Anime part, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by Illidan; Sep 19, 2015 at 06:39 AM.