View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:51 AM
VGMdb Staff

Anyways, this might not be the best time to bring this up, though it seems to me the general agreement is that synthesizer programmers should not be entered as performers; instead they can be linked up with the programmer role and of course be mentioned in the notes. Is this right?
If it is, there's some inconsistency present, example Keishi Urata, he is linked sometimes as a performer, sometimes as a programmer even though the album always credits him for 'synth' (or synth manipulation). So he's aperformer for Ghost in the Shell STAND ALONE COMPLEX O.S.T. but for Ghost in the Shell STAND ALONE COMPLEX O.S.T.2 he becomes a programmer (again, he's credited only for synths in both GITS SAC OST 1 & 2.
Then for recent (2012) works, he isn't linked up as a performer anymore, he's strictly a programmer and that's why I think there was an agreement here the synth programmers should be linked only as such.
If so, should the changes be made for albums where synth programmers are credited as performers, meaning the performer links should be deleted and replaced with programmer role, for the sake of consistency?
Thank you for your time.

(edit: I see the function 'Manage Credits' is a way to go for multiple role changes, very useful)

Last edited by Efendija; Aug 8, 2012 at 08:20 AM.