View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:15 AM

Ramza, I didn't know you were Patrick Gann until a few minutes ago, when I decided to read the last sentence of this post (which I've replied to, btw). Before then, I had no idea why VGMdb kept linking to review sites in the first place (that should tell you quite a bit about me). Nor did I read many of the replies to my post until just now. When a bunch of people came to me in #vgmdb talking about this, I thought they were just responding to my similar rant going on in there; I think that started when someone asked me about it.

This understanding changes nothing. I am not certain that there are "four biggest insults of VGM", but I will insist that Felghana, Celceta, RPGFan, and SEMO are four subjects that are particularly relevant and particularly troubling. Go ahead and call me a troll all you want to; that's not what I'm here for.

I love the original Ys III soundtrack, specifically the X68000 version. I love the SFC version. I love Ryu Yonemitsu and his work. Felghana pales in comparison to all of these things, but it also pales in comparison to Ys Complete, Ys VI, Ys Origin, Ys Seven, and probably all those other recent Falcom works I know nothing of. It is soulless, it is boring, it is empty, and it makes me wish I had any of these other versions by my side, a privelege I can only get by buying the PSP port. Can't just stick with the new Steam release, no; I'll bet it's because no one cares enough.

I either wish I could know why people like it so much so I could stop complaining about it, or I wish Felghana's arranges made me physically ill so I could really complain about it! I hate Felghana, I hate the fangushing over it, and I hate the fact that the game itself is pretty stellar.

The only thing Celceta has shown me so far is that it's the same fucking thing all over again, and even worse in some ways. This is a god damned injustice.

...Concerning RPGFan and SEMO, I will insist that I do not dislike your reviews because of raw opinion. So, I refuse to talk about them again until I've studied every single review and how they relate to each other for hours on end. That's fair...