View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintin3265 View Post
Then, you suddenly told me to leave your forums, and without paying attention to the date of this thread, or whether anything had actually been done in all that time, and without waiting for me even one hour to respond, you started sending out E-Mails.
Once again, I've sent a single email on this matter. When did I tell you to "leave" our forums? Can you please point me to the specific conversation you're referring to, where I said that? If I really wanted you to leave our forums, you'd be banned, and it wouldn't be a polite request, and we actually don't do that very often. What I *have* done is warned you not to use our forums to spam links back to your own site, several times. Unless you can point to a specific conversation where I told you to leave, which I don't recall whatsoever, I'm going to assume this is yet another instance of you getting the facts wrong. At this point I'm curious as to whether it's intentional or unintentional - that's really the biggest question... are you lying to others, or are you lying to yourself?

As far as timing goes, you had already added files - which by your own admission was a mistake - when my email went out. At that point, the damage was done, as you'd acted on your intentions. As Larry's pointed out, regardless of whether they were OC ReMixes or not, they were SOMEONE's mixes.

Now you're trying to put forth a new argument that this should have been handled privately, between me and you, but you'd already taken actions that needed to be addressed immediately, and those actions involved others, so the point is invalid.

Quote:
Prior to your E-Mails, exactly one artist had expressed any concern whatsoever about this issue. No other artists nor any of the other site administrators you mentioned had any issues. I specifically sent an E-Mail to virt, and he was so unconcerned with this site that he didn't even bother to read my message.
Uh, so now you're criticizing Jake? He's busy making ACTUAL VGM, for a LIVING... judging his concern for anything based on lack of a response to you - someone he doesn't know and has never met - is really questionable. We've been through this issue before, I believe - just because someone doesn't respond to your email doesn't mean it's a personal snub at you, and furthermore, the world doesn't revolve around you, and people don't OWE you their time. When someone fails to respond to an email of mine, I assume they're busy or didn't see it or didn't have anything productive to say, and I move on. As Jake himself pointed out to you via email, lack of a response does NOT equal any sort of permission.

Quote:
If it took me 4 hours to find one person, how long would it take to contact hundreds of people and get them to respond? I must have sent out 70 cold E-Mails a few years ago to people whose addresses I was able to locate, and I think maybe two or three responded.
Okay? Your point? If anything, that only proves that Jake's not responding to you is NORMAL... there's also the possibility that you yourself are the common denominator in terms of people not wanting to respond...

Quote:
The bottom line is that every time someone comes around who attempts to expand the community, you repeatedly attempt to shut them down.
How is that the bottom line? You've spent most of your post talking about how people OTHER than me aren't responding to your emails, and suddenly the bottom line involves me trying to "shut" you "down"? Did I miss the part where you proved several successive points to that effect, which would lead up to a "bottom line" conclusion of that nature? I'm sorry, I can't control other people and force them to respond to your emails...

Quote:
Why weren't you out there supporting remixed.vg, since it was also "dedicated to the appreciation of video game music?" There's a thread that has hundreds of posts in 2009 that stretched over several years titled something like "we need a vgmix replacement." You closed it, as you did with my thread on essentially the same topic.
It is not our job to support other websites; we do it quite often, mind you, but our primary focus is on improving our own site - as yours should be, I'd argue. Failure to promote something is not the same thing as trying to shut it down, and your sense of entitlement here is bewildering. You've got your own forums, and your attempt to use ours to solicit feedback on YOUR website was inappropriate, in our opinion.

Quote:
I believe that you do respect artists, but the idea that you are on this campaign because of the really evil things I did here, and that you asked Secret Squirrel to shut this forum down solely because you are protecting artists' rights, is ridiculous. Why are you not going after the myriad for-profit spam sites that copy remixes and host ads next to them? The truth is that you've disliked me for years. I really hope that other people read this and don't cave to the pressure.
What "pressure"? What? But yeah, I do hope other people read this... we're on the same page, there.

Also, I'm not on any campaign, to my knowledge.

I'll again say that I neither hate nor dislike you, both of which would require active effort on my part and would also require more information about you. I don't KNOW you. I dislike your actions and your tenuous relationship with the truth, and I don't trust you based on that, and that's all. I didn't ask Secret Squirrel to shut this forum down, but I suppose I did indirectly suggest it might be prudent, and I'll stick by that - your subsequent comments have only further illustrated, at least to me, that any perceived endorsement by VGMdb would be unfortunate. That's their call to make, and I'm certainly not ASKING them, nor would I hold it against them in any way, shape, or form if they chose to wait and see.

Last edited by djpretzel; Dec 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM.