View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:04 PM
VGMdb Staff

OK, let's say I don't want to see the Hisaishi's original work albums, meaning those that aren't related to any product or if they are that'll be some live action movie or tv series, in short those in darker blue. And not just Hisaishi, anyone's. Is there a filter for excluding those entries? Yeah, I'm really asking, why do I have to see all those dark blue original work stuff
But hey, I've never filtered out entries, I'm seeing them all and will continue like that, it's really not a big deal to me, personal choice & all, but again, seriously asking, is there a filter for the 'no category' albums, that will effectively hide dark blue entries?

If the game is in English, does that also mean it's not supposed to be catalogued, because well, it's a game soundtrack, it's not Japanese/Korean/Chinese etc, it's all in English, everything's spelled out for you, why bother making the entry then?

You have no interest to add western animations OSTs - well sure, that's a given, nobody's pointing a gun at you ffs... Everyting here is on voluntary basis, always was. And not wanting to see these entries is entirely justified of course, don't think I disrespect your views. It's just the 'if it's in English, all is spelled out' deal can be applied to game soundtracks just as easily. Would this site be really comprehensive as it is today if it hasn't included western game soundtracks, guided by the all spelled out logic?

Also this, it's a bloody well known fact that western animation is a joke compared to the tens & tens of anime series, movies & OVAs per year, if the quantity is a joke and yes it really is, why is such a huge problem to include these entries, why the general hostility that certain members express? It's like some regular dude stepped on the holy land and many want to kick him out as soon as possible with occasional episodes of disgust...

dancey, you do contradict yourself after all; saying you don't mind or care if these albums are added here (with request for filtering 'em out of course), but in the end you do use the spelled out criteria and would really like them not being here at all. It is personally surprising to see that from such good and respected member of this site. But yeah, compared to you I'm just a new guy (joining date comparison, no deeper or hidden meaning to this XD) and of course I don't and will not know you as well as other people do.

Last edited by Efendija; Jan 16, 2013 at 08:29 PM.