View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
because, sorry to break your dreams, but TEEMA isn't romaji
ー elongates a vowel though... or how would we write that? Dag wrote it is teema... everyone writes it as teema. Or is there a more proper way to write it?

Anyway, that I botched a single reading doesn't disprove anything about my point, my point remains the same. Oh, also, you're getting way too offended by this, telling me to start my own site because I don't like the way we do romaji here...? As if we can't discuss the ways we do things here? I'm trying to shed some new light on how we do things, wouldn't be the first time, we have whole threads dedicated to this kind of thing. You don't tell someone to go start their own site just because they're discussing the way we do something on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
Good to see hellacia isn't just an argumentative, stubborn asshole with my posts and it's with everyone. /validation
Hey dude, Hellacia is a proper name. Capitalize it.

EDIT: Sorry, Cedille, missed your post somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
This may go into a somwhat philosophical question, as to why we romanize stuff.
Perhaps this is what I'm missing? Why do we romanize it? For somebody that doesn't understand 闇, seeing "yami" in its place will not help them, because they just don't know what it means. So, yami is only slightly more familiar than 闇. So yeah, we do we romanize stuff? I always thought it was to aid in the breakdown of a string of Japanese characters.

Last edited by Hellacia; Apr 4, 2012 at 08:42 AM.