View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:49 PM

Default Megumi Ohara (#20011)

I apologize if there's a better thread for this information; I thought it wouldn't fit in the Samples used in anime/game music thread, and couldn't think of a better idea than to just start a new thread.

There was a lot of gear I noticed from Megumi Ohara's studio as shown on HAL Laboratories' website, so I decided to take a stab at identifying them here.

To summarize:
She uses Logic Pro, and the Roland Fantom XR and Yamaha Motif Rack ES sound modules, given to her by one of her "supervisors", presumably Ikegami, Ando or possibly Sakai.
Her audio equipment is nothing particularly special, Yamaha NS-10 monitors mounted to the walls and Sony MDR-V6 headphones. She seems to use a Roland Quad-Capture for her audio interface.
Her digital piano is the Yamaha NP-30; I thought it might be a NP-32 instead, but this image clearly shows a volume slider like that on the NP-30, instead of the NP-32's volume knob.
I can't recognize the monitors on her desk (although they appear to be another Yamaha to me), or the microphone and stand. She says she would like a Neumann U67, but I can't confirm that her current one is a Neumann as well.

Perhaps this isn't too groundbreaking information, but I figured it's probably best to archive it here nonetheless.