View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2016, 08:16 AM

If someone could link the album to the game's product page it would be much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Whether it's missing 1 track or missing 10 tracks makes no difference to me. The point is that it's missing tracks. It adds nothing new.

I simply don't think digital albums with less tracks than the original are worthy of being submitted. Albums that have additional tracks are what I would define as significant. This is my opinion.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Under that rationale, someone could argue that even physical albums with less tracks (like most OST samplers even releases from Japanese game OSTs in the West) could fall into this category because they "add nothing new".

A database should strive to be as comprehensive as possible. It's even stated on the very first sentence of the VGMdb's About Us. And it's not that by adding releases like this detracts from the quality of the site as a whole. A single track or two of difference between releases it's not worth the new entry IMO. But more than that should be enough for its own entry, if only for consistency's sake.