View Single Post
Old May 26, 2020, 02:19 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Hey there!

Yeah, all of those Nobuo Uematsu tracks just mean he originally composed the music. Uematsu didn’t do any arranging on this album. The only new song he composed is the vocal track “Hollow”.

My physical copy will come today, so hopefully the booklet has full arranger credits in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robokick View Post
I ordered the CD to my friend's address in Japan and he ripped it for me. I don't have the booklet right now, but the CD has Japanese credits per track. I translated them to English on Twitter (link below). Feel free to copy the info to this website's listing:

https://twitter.com/robokick/status/...311242756?s=20

I know for a fact that Yoshitaka Suzuki worked a ton on this soundtrack, yet he's only credited in the "artist" field on two tracks, which leads me to suspect that the tracks that are labeled by "Nobuo Uematsu" are meant to say "originally composed by Uematsu", with the bulk of the orchestration and arrangements done by Yoshitaka Suzuki and the rest of the stellar orchestration team.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I'm asking around to see what the full story is here.