Thread: Metal Dust
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:59 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonEnRegalia View Post
I knew about his involvement at Gust, yet this soundtrack and WANDERINGS shows that he clearly did something on the side—what baffles me is why this is called Metal Dust, when parts of the same soundtrack were re-released in WANDERINGS years later. And, then, the game's name was Yamaitsuki!
I really do think the 1994 date being incorrect is a much simpler explanation than one that means (1) No Brand existed nearly ten years before anyone thought it did and (2) Yamanishi wrote a bunch of songs around 1994 and then reused them nearly ten years later for a game. The makers of Yamatsiuki, Virgin Cream, is even mentioned on the insert, and their first known game according to ErogameScape was released in 2002.

Not saying 1994 is impossible, but a release year of like 2004 would clear up every single chronology problem of this album in a snap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonEnRegalia View Post
Shigeru is identified as head of the label, though he's more subordinate to either Toshiharu or Hyakutaro on the actual albums. Truly obscure stuff.
Nagasaki did contribute music to several games, but it seems he handled management/production for No Brand (and especially Factory Noise & AG later) too. Certainly not unusual for an organization.