View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
As someone who passed on the 2010 box because of its various issues and ended up getting all the individual releases instead, the Black/Red split is a godsend. Black includes all the exclusives from last time plus some new ones while Red I can very comfortably skip. Major improvement as it seems everything is included from the games chosen, even all the bonus tracks and arrangements.

The bonus CD isn't a mini CD, it's full size. And it seems to be an expanded reprint of KICA-7928, which goes for a pretty penny these days.
I'm still missing a few of the individual releases so it'll actually be more cost-efficient for me to simply get these two sets and then sell off my incomplete collection of standalone releases, possibly the old CD box as well. I'll hold off on selling them until after these ones release and we're able to confirm that there are no new major issues with them. I'll still have to track down the three Pachislot soundtracks separately though which is a bit inconvenient, but I can hardly complain when these CD boxes will allow me to cover nearly all of the music in the series in one foul swoop.

I was thinking that it might simply be a reprint of the Midi Power Pro albulm, but I noticed that it also includes a few more tracks than what is present there, those being "Rainbow Cemetery," and a "GameSound Simulation" of "Wandering Ghosts" and "Strange Bloodlines." I'm hoping that the last two are meant to be the full versions of those tracks, especially Strange Bloodlines. Either way, I'm even more excited for these albums now, they're shaping up to be fantastic. Also, what's the deal with the Konami and Sony releases having different catalog numbers, is it normal for Koanmi to release their stuff through Sony with different catalog numbers? It's just something that struck me as a bit odd.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Sep 26, 2021 at 11:11 PM.