View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:55 PM

I haven't heard of these guys before, this stuff is pretty slick I listened through the clips for three of their albums (haha, amazing cover art.) i spotted a few tracks i immediately loved. they've got that typically western sound, quite a bit "smoother" than the Japanese bands (for lack of a better word); very heavy on the soprano sax weather channel vibes. it's akin to the production music that used to air over here in the UK on BBC channels during closedown hours (example); i wouldn't be surprised if this music was available as production music, it's very typical, in fact it is quite unusual to see this sort of stuff being marketed under a band rather than a single composer. Casiopea for me seem way more idiosyncratic, even in their most subdued moments they don't really remind me of any western smooth jazz/fusion I've heard, production music or otherwise. nonetheless I like all of it anyway.

oh, here's a good Level 42 performance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a61b1fGwIs . probably the closest thing in the west, dno.