View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2011, 04:50 PM

Thanks for hard work, blah. Much as I hate to send one request after another and I might be missing something, what I (presumably AcidBeast, too) require is that a linked group could include artists that are assigned yet not linked to that role.

G -> The unit consisting of A, B and C.
A -> having the artist page.
B -> having the artist page
C -> having no artist page.

The ideal linking is G (A, B, C), but I think it currently ends up with G (A, B) C.

This inclusion seems to be very necessary since I don't think every artist needs an artist page. For performers who are part of a 70 piece orchestra, not infrequently is the only info we have his/her kanji name, with no photo, no reading, no gender, no birth date/place, no external link, so their respective artist pages are bound to be "empty" (unless the person is credited across multiple albums). An example is most individual members of Keiko Abe Strings here.

I would also appreciate the function of batch linked/assigned artist deletion, since we sometimes have to "insert" groups into the mass of already assigned artists. Another issue is if we try to link the same artists both separately and part of group (like this), the secondary assigning requires some additional works, but I don't know how to solve it.

Anyway, I don't intend to annoy you with repeated requests. I'm just suggesting, and please consider it in your spare time.