View Single Post
Old May 5, 2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
I meant both his own albums and arranges by other people, but mainly his own. I understand if you take away the "Doujin/Indie" type his albums become regular releases/blue, but right now they are doujin/orange so they'd change...?

I don't really mind either way, don't get me wrong, but since ZUN and doujin (as in 'doujin subculture') come together in my mind, I find strange (and maybe others will) they'd suddenly become 'normal' osts' when they have been doujin/orange all this time.
Well actually, with the previous album classifications all of his albums were blue. So those albums would be more or less going back to how they were before.

Quote:
Since doujin covers more than just arranges/fan-arranges it could get confusing, just saying.
Right, the idea behind the proposal is to remove the publisher type (doujin, commercial, indie, etc.) entirely. Color coding and such would be based on classification.

Quote:
And... Mozart arranges wouldn't be fan arranges? :P
They would be fan-arranges, unless Mozart rose from his grave and released an album with some arrange artists on it. No, thinking about this is another issue that would have to be worked out, because it seems odd for them to be labeled fan-arranges under certain circumstances. It's a matter of context, which is why finding a good solution is a pain in the ass. On the other hand, even if it seems 'odd' it's still a rather arbitrary decision to use it in some cases and not in others. The 'oddness' has more to do with the connotation of 'fan-arrange' than anything.

Last edited by Ira; May 5, 2010 at 01:28 PM.