View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
That's why I didn't split up Image and Prototype - because most Image Albums won't be classified as Image, which is confusing.
Indeed, but still, if the current "Prototype/Image" classification is intended to cover "a prototype of individual tracks, style, tone, and the composer's capabilities", it's possible that fewer Image Album won't be classified as Image, so I think our current state may be already confusing in that the literal album title and our selected classification don't always match. For instance, this database has 40~50 official image albums, and 5~6 image soundtrack, but I think at least 11 of them can't be classified as "Prototype/Image" anyway (the number can grow, with more investigation).

Street Fighter II Image Album -G.S.M. CAPCOM-: looks like "Arrangement".
Samurai Spirits Image Album: If the obi is correct, it's "Arrangement".
Breath of Fire V Dragon Quarter Mini Image Soundtrack: it's basically the same as FFXII. We currently don't have any classification that fits this.
World Heroes 2 Image Album : If the obi is correct, it's "Arrangement".
Image Album Ys V: Kefin, The Lost City of Sand: based on the Obi and back, "Original Soundtrack + Arrangement + Vocal".
Garou Densetsu Image Album: If the obi is correct, it's "Arrangement".
Art of Fighting 2 Image Album: if the flyer is correct, it's "Arrangement".
World Heroes 2 Jet Image Album:If the obi is correct, it's "Arrangement".
Fate/Zero Original Image Soundtrack "RETURN TO ZERO": looks like "Original Soundtrack"
Usotukiha tenshino hajimari Image Album: If the obi is correct, it's "Original Soundtrack" + "Vocal"
Rockman 10 Image Soundtrack: looks like "Arrangement".

Quote:
That does leave a lot of image and character songs which we don't know what to do with. Maybe this is what Vocal should be used for -- character songs, image songs, commercial songs -- but not in-game vocals like OPs or EDs.
The problem is what if image and character songs are instrumental - I don't think there are too many, though.