View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Many of the greats have either A) moved on to another field or B) been relegated to mobile composition.
Wrt Japanese composers if you want less of A you'll need to get used to B. In Japan console gaming is essentially dead sales wise, handheld gaming dying (unless a 3DS successor can pick up steam again) and mobile gaming soaring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Tales games. I mean no disrespect to Sakuraba fans, but Tales' soundtracks (and scripts, for that matter) need some life injected into them. I made this years ago as an example of an Aoki/Kaida pair taking over the music.
Tales is an odd case. Sakuraba still never go to use live musicians (aside for the Abyss anime) and Tales has no sound director as the completely diverging directions and budgets of Sakuraba's and Shiina's contributions for Zestiria have shown. The Zestiria DLC added Eriko Sakurai as composer so I guess future Tales games may actually have bigger groups of composers involved, but Tales definitely needs to return to and improve on the polish and consistency of pre-Xillia games. Funnily enough tri-Cescendo was involved with developing Zestiria, so it should be easily to bring in its president Hiroya Hatsushiba as sound director again (he did that for Phantasia). Surely would be great regardless of the composers involved.