View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilef View Post
I think the market should change, too. We may have companies which release incomplete and/or poorly mastered albums (believe it or not, i've friends which stopped purchasing VGM because of these reasons.... they became full-fledged pirates).

If piracy will ever bring downfall upon the companies releasing VGM, i won't hide that a part of me will be happy about it....It's not like they deserve to survive.
Incomplete album releases are much rarer than they used to be, unless you're referring to (what in my opinion are) insignificant omissions like the drowning jingle from the Sonic 1&2 OST release of last year.

Are there many poorly mastered VGM albums? I find the problem is much more often compression used on the original samples (like in late 90s Konami releases), which is not the record company's fault. Most of the time, the mastering doesn't hurt the music too much, I feel. The last exception I can think of was the Symphonic Fantasies album.

EDIT: I'll add some of Basiscape's more recent albums to that. The mastering on Muramasa's OST release is a little much.

Last edited by Xenofan 29A; Jan 12, 2012 at 02:04 PM.