View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:28 PM

Default SVWC-7072: Dark Cloud Original Soundtrack

If this really is Tomohito Nishiura first work, according to the artist page, it definitely is more than adequate.

Well done 'Main Theme' that really grows on you after a while. The beginning of the soundtrack is well done with the menacing 'Ceremony,' soothing and revealing 'Open Your Eyes' and a pleasant town theme in 'Norune Village,' which is hard to find fault with. And The first boss theme 'The Djinni Dran' is probably my favorite on here.

There is a feeling of melancholy with 'Time of Destiny' that I quite like. It is the same as 'Memories', just longer and with different and more instrumentation. The former I enjoy more so.

'Last Battle' is pretty good for an ending battle track, but nothing that screams epic. It does bring across the sense of urgency of the situation though, which I assume was the point. Frankly 'The Djinni Dran' had the more epic feel. For those that want to hear it and see the final battle... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWTH5UMjnxA. Personally, I never made it to him as I moved on to other games and got a little bored.

'Main Theme (Bossa Nova)' ending the album is a little arrangement of the first track. I just think it is a little much.

A major downside of this album is the lack of tracks looping.

3/5.

Last edited by BahamutZ; Oct 19, 2008 at 08:31 PM.