View Single Post
Old May 4, 2011, 09:31 AM

Okay, I just wondered we needed to rewrite the album introduction (maybe just inserting "commercial" between "the first-ever" and "releases" is enough).Anyway, I feel our discussion on Castlevania peaked already last year, but I just want to clear up credits a little more, so some suggestions based on Prime Blue's well summarized list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Blue
悪魔城ドラキュラ(FC) / Devil's Castle Dracula / Castlevania

Credits: James Banana

Composers: Kinuyo Yamashita, S. Terashima

Notes: I hate those vintage fake names in credits. We know for sure that Kinuyo Yamashita did most of the music for it (as she confirmed it on her BBS: "I composed music for 悪魔城ドラキュラ. Not all. But,most is my music."). I've seen a Shinya Sakamoto mentioned as the second composer on GMCL, though I couldn't find a reliable source that backs it up. Furthermore, I guess he would have been credited in the MSX version if he was involved at all, so I assume S. Terashima was the only other composer.
I think the Shinya Sakamoto thing was from this album, though we still need to confirm Rusher is Shinya and he was really involved as a composer, to begin with. James Banana can be better treated as a unit, than an alias of Yamashita as suggested. It's a conventional way to credit "Vampire Killer" featured in the later installments, unless Yamashita is finally confirmed as the composer of that particular track.

Quote:
ドラキュラⅡ呪いの封印(FC) / Dracula II: The Seal of the Curse / Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

Credits: Terashima, Matsubara

Composers: Kenichi Matsubara
On this album Tonma-kun no Papa talked about how challenging the entire project was and he was still dissatisfied with the output, so this could be the source of GMCL. Don't know why GMCL also credits Kyohei Sada.

Quote:
悪魔城ドラキュラ(AC) / Devil's Castle Dracula / Haunted Castle

Credits: -

Composers: Kenichi Matsubara

Notes: The liner notes for the soundtrack are by "KEN" and he says: "BGM 3 is my song from the FC Dracula 2 I carried over."
On the very liner note Kenichi Matsubara as KEN states "BGM 2, the final boss theme, etc. were by IKA-chan and T", so the two guy should be added.

Last edited by Cedille; May 4, 2011 at 09:50 AM.