View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
There are already labels for "Arrange" and "Fan Arrange"s. See the Octopath Traveler product page. The official arrange albums don't have the "Fan" part on them.

They aren't colored differently though if that's what you're talking about.

Also, I'm not positive if they all are but at least some of these commercial fan arranges are licensed. They're just not official products from the original publisher/label.
The point is that Octopath Traveler Arragement is published by Square Enix by their official arrangers. What I would like to see is a category that allow people to check quickly if an album is official or not or at least licensed by the owner.

For example, I'll take this album:

The Keyblade War by Materia Collective
https://vgmdb.net/album/97366

It's obviously a non related Square Enix album but there's no field that allow me to know if this is an official Square Enix product (or Disney for Kingdom Hearts Music) or not. The only clue someone can have is "Based on Music from Kingdom Hearts" in the notes.

Those albums are different for example that Benyamin Nuss' albums, since he has the SQEX permission. But even I could asume this as non official if in the future a new category is created for those one.