View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datschge View Post
So those could as well not exist at all.
Talking about the people or the albums?

I'll not go as far as saying that, because ultimately we're free to do what we want. I guess I'm just tired of seeing the same, lame, meaningless excuses from the rip requesters:

- The album's too expensive for me - Woah, dude! VGMusic is an hobby, in case you haven't understood this, yet. You don't need it for your health, you happen to just like/love it. Come to terms with the fact that you might not get everything you want.

- The import taxes/shipping fees are too high - Obviously the point above still applies to an extent, but... Seriously? Do you mean to tell me that you'd prefer to spend more money to travel to Japan/X, search in local stores - without certainty to find the album, mind, especially when it's old -, than ordering online and have it delivered? Well, your choice. Look, I'm aware that these albums are pretty hard to see in our stores... But 'import' is there to save the day... And IMHO the fees aren't too high, in most cases... Obviously it largely depends on what kind of deliver you choose. When I've ordered this, the album costed 18.59€, add to it 15€ of UPS delivery... The album was shipped on the 5th day and the package arrived two days later; I could have spent 6-7€ and get it in 3-4 weeks through airmail... It's up the buyer.

- It's out of print now - Oh, poor thing, couldn't get a hold of it when it was available... Sucks for you.

- It's a limited/promotional edition - Hmm... So what? Let me add to that, the answer lies right there in the name: it's a limited/enclosed/promotional item! It's not "meant" to be owned by everyone.

It's funny to see how such things never change over the years.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Sep 29, 2011 at 11:12 PM.