View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2009, 01:08 PM

Hyakutaro Tsukumo is the reason for my VGM addiciton, and the reason why I started actually buying VGM CDs. I used to (still sometimes do) pop my SEGA Saturn copies of Thunder Force V, Blast Wind, Hyper Duel and Thunder Force Gold Pack 1 into my CD player and listen to the Redbook Audio. The BGM is really the first thing I noticed about the games when I first played them, and I was pretty damn happy that I could actually listen to the music, and even rip the tracks. Not even knowing that there were official OST CD releases for these games, I kept thinking how cool it would be if there were. Then when I came across TGMC Vol. 7 one day, on eBay, I didn't hesitate to buy it ($40 + shipping). Shortly afterwards I did a search to see how many others were out there, and ...that was it. I've been hunting for them ever since.

As my Saturn library grew, my VGM knowledge grew, as I would pop in my newest games into my CD player first before playing them right away. lol I was more interested in hearing their soundtracks.

As far as buying CDs goes, I only buy ones that I've already heard and like.