View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2010, 05:38 PM

Shawn, why exactly would you expect anyone on the OCR staff to even dream of helping remixSite after being personally attacked and falsely accused? Nobody on the OCR staff has done anything to imply that remixSite is a bad idea, should be shut down, or whatever. There has been 0 bad intention from our side, though the same can't be said of Quintin.

As far as I can tell the only thing we did was let Quintin's attempt at communication fall by the wayside. And as far as I can tell, you're STILL ascribing malice to this when there was none. Again you really have no idea how busy things have been staff-side at OCR. We've undergone some fairly major changes recently and there's a giant project in the works that has taken years to develop. Larry, normally our point person for communication, got a full time job last year which has reduced his available time for OCR by a huge amount. People like me have had to step down from the panel due to life changes. The list goes on.

What I'm trying to tell you is very simple. OCR's staff has VERY limited time, especially Dave. Our internal communication is fine; when I said Dave doesn't respond to stuff from us, all I meant was that we're often throwing a hundred ideas at a time at him, and he can't possibly deal with every one. For example, in the last two weeks we've been discussing and coordinating:

* The release of the upcoming DKC 2 project (takes a ton of effort + time)
* New project guidelines and forums, the creation of a project moderation team
* The evaluation of the upcoming Teen Agent project and its release
* Promotion of a new sample library on the front page
* A Sega-sponsored contest we're running
* A project being run by Anso (can't say more)
* The secret project mentioned earlier which has taken years
* Mass Effect 2 composer interviews
* Evaluating new potential judges, creating a test batch, sending them out, analyzing their test votes
* Forum modifications and improvements such as the addition of blogs

And this is honestly just off the top of my head. Dave has to be involved with EVERY one of those things. Do you understand now why it's not surprising if emails or PMs get sent and not responded to?