View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:34 AM

I think that a lot of people might have skipped the first few posts in the thread and only read the later pages when they first posted. I stated that, in general, the Overclocked ReMix community was not interested in helping, and that, specifically, several people did not respond to messages, but there was no intention of stating that specific people were obligated to help. What I did, and still, believe that people are obligated to do is to reply to calls and messages, even if it takes a while to reply, to let the sender know whether the recipient is interested. If one receives a wedding invitation, it's disrespectful to not reply, for example, even if you have no intention of attending. It's not like I had already E-Mailed them ten times and they repeatedly said "no" every time.

Also, though, you bring up one of the core issues that I forgot to mention: this idea of "my site" versus "your site." When all the sites are for free, it shouldn't matter which site is "mine" or "yours." That's why you'll never see me refer to the site as "my site" anywhere in any post in these forums. While this obviously is not the case now, and I myself declared that I would make this site closed source in response, I had originally hoped that the community was simply interested in sharing music in the easiest way possible, not in where the music is located or who helped share the music.

I mean, what was the point of competition when nobody had any intention of making any money?