View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2014, 04:07 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter View Post
In the end I would be glad if there could be more original works albums (f.e. drama or movie albums) by other composers who are also well known in anime genre
The point you're missing Porter, is the composer will have the discography not related to video games or animation at this place only if the composer himself/herself has majority of their work created for vg/animation. Just because the composer has OSTs for some popular anime or such isn't enough to "import" other things the database doesn't have a focus on, if that same composer primarily scores movies and dramas.

Example you have been mentioning several times, Joe Hisaishi, is an exception and I don't really know how it was created but I guess it started from the immense popularity of Ghibli animations that normally also became focus of this database when the expansion to anime happened. Probably at some point later, it just became fine to add literally anything by Hisaishi. I'm not saying that is fair. But it's a done thing and no use to reflect on it over and over again.