Thread: Notes Standard
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2012, 08:58 PM

Didn't we once considered dividing the note into official and unofficial? I thought it could be useful for correcting printed credits that are wrong, or bringing credits from outside without confusing users.

Also, I'm not a big fan of mixing English and Japanese text in the note anymore, since it looks just messy to me. The only case they should exist together is when there are some artist whose reading of Kanji names aren't confirmed, or when their readings are confirmed yet we don't create artist entries for them. As such, I'd appreciate dividing the note into multiple languages, especially for drama albums where nearly every character name is written in Japanese. It's a bit too tiring to check if an official English name is available for every character and even it is, I don't like overwriting the Japanese names by English one, as it sounds double working to make only one language note.

I may be requiring too much here, but I guess it's also about time to think over how to reduce workloads of submitters, since I've found some bad signs lately.