View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2008, 06:56 PM

Ok, just unlocked the sound test (must say it's a pretty impressive game, but I thought the end could have used more snazz There's a few things of note here:

The game includes a few tracks not on the disc. Most of these are just versions of Castlevania 1 (all the level themes, Nothing to Lose, Black Night, and Game Over). However...

Cantus Motet has an alternate version in the sound test with an organ intro. Oddly enough, both are the same exact length. My guess is they picked one the one they thought sounded best. Anyway, should Cantus Motet not have the -1 after it as no 'Cantus Motet -2' exists outside of the sound test?

I'm also really curious as to why they chose those translations. It's unfortunate there isn't any documentation on why they did it that way (perhaps text space requirements?). Personally, I think some of the literal translations just sound better, but others (i.e. Ebony Wings and Emerald Mist) sound better in the official translation and makes me think 'how come I didn't think of that!' While I like the originals because I helped translate them, I suppose they'll have to be these because that's what most people will know them as these in the US...

Then again, it's also kind of like how 'The Tragic Prince' is known as 'Young Nobleman of Sadness' in the Castlevania Special Music CD... Personally, I think Tragic Prince is like 100 times better and I don't think many people who have been listening to SotN's soundtrack for the past 10 years will start calling it by the new name...

http://vgmdb.net/album/7093