View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _if View Post
Hmm, that could be a good way of doing it. Keep alternate tracklists and label them by their dates or age. Make the default the most recent. Chronicle changes (including pricing differences) in the notes. Still a bit of a double standard, but there are few downsides and several pluses.
I wonder, though, if we choose to make use of the Notes section for chronicling purposes, would it be wiser to create an additional field altogether for the purpose of a public chronicle log (such as below the Notes section)?

I'm curious if it would be easier to take advantage of the tabs in the Tracklist Section to create two tracklists for a digital release then: One for the 'Original' release and the second which is updated. Perhaps add the track and date of entry to the note section, or simply date it in the updated tracklist section?

Then again, that would leave the question of which tab would take priority when a visitor accesses the entry. Will they see the original first, or the present? I suppose it depends entirely on the objective of the site: original or updated?

I'm just throwing ideas out there, but whichever makes the staff job easier and creates a fully(?) complete entry.