View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
Small topic: When I changed the title for the Aria/Dawn of Sorrow OST, I had no idea that it actually had the Romanized title printed on the spine (thus again, making me contradict the point I initially made about the Circle of the Moon OST). In this case, would we list this title only under the Romanized title section rather than in the Alternate title section?
Generally I'd say yes, though I think that romanization qualifies as the Display title according to the hierarchy rule candidate, since it's the only English text on the album. I don't know if this is acceptable or if we need to rework it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
I think my only support for fan translations over Romanizations is the fact that a large majority of our tracklists are handled this way (and thank God, too).
We're only talking about Romanizing game names (particularly those that were never localized to the West), because we consider them proper names.

Tracklists get translated, but we still Romanize names in them. 東京 becomes Tokyo, not Eastern Capital (which we could get by translating the kanji one-by-one.)