View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2013, 05:46 PM
VGMdb Administrator

With regard to the Twitter account, I never doubted that it was his, but how can you tell from the username that it's Nakajima and not Nakashima? That's why I didn't mention it. And really, if you're taking the reading from the username, why not Jilow?

About your larger point, you're totally right of course. We all have different lines at which we're willing to decide that something is proven, and I think it's pretty clear from other discussions we've had that my line is higher than yours. I've just been burned from so much bad information from apparently trustworthy sources over the years that I like to be really, REALLY sure about everything I add to the database.

I'd be personally satisfied if I could confirm that the Sound Sky Studio guy's name in kanji is the same, because there are a lot of different ways you can write Jiro, but I've been unsuccessful the couple of times I've tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
But one thing are unusual cases, like the HΛLNA you mentioned, and another thing is the common practice. I'd say that 90% of the time is used ハルナ it's intended to be read as Haruna, plain and simple.
Yep, this is absolutely true, which is why I don't make a fuss when people do romanize those kinds of names. I started doing it because of doujin albums, where unusual romanizations happen more often than albums like these.