Thread: Moving forward
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:19 PM

While I have already been posting music, and obviously didn't need another reason to post any, I have some thoughts about the system.

-The biggest thing is that the system tends to promote quantity by far over quality. You get 5 star stickers to post any song, whether it's quality or not, but the only star stickers you get for quality is hardly more than that every half a year, when I could pump out a crappy song a day and upload it (possibly more - but it's doubtful anyone would want to listen to them!).

-In the same vein as above, revisions give 2 star stickers plus another 5 star stickers for posting a song. That's 7 star stickers and doesn't really make any sense, considering how much more effort is put into making new songs rather than tweaking a song that's already made.

-I hope that star stickers are retroactive (at least positive ones) from the beginning of the site - like I've said, I've been trying to help out the site by giving it as much content as I could, and I don't want to regret not having waited until you decided that system was a failure.