View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2020, 03:07 PM

I contacted Yoshito Sekigawa/Hirano on Facebook, so Chimeratio and I could try asking about composer breakdowns for the Paper Mario games (I specifically referenced TTYD and Origami King). Unfortunately, I got the reply I feared:

Quote:
"残念ながら誰がどの曲を作ったのかは公開されていないためお教えすることができません。申し訳ありません 。"
(Roughly: "unfortunately, who composed what song hasn't been publicized, so I can't share it. I'm sorry." )

After asking him if there was any chance the information would be revealed in the future:

Quote:
"公開につきましては未定となっております。
ただ通例として、もしサウンドトラックが発売されたら作曲者や編曲者など公開される可能性があります。

ご丁寧なメッセージを送って頂いたのに立場上ここまでしかお伝えできなくて申し訳ありません。

英語が話せないため下記にDeeplでの翻訳を載せておきます。

We have not yet decided on a release date.
However, as a general rule, if the soundtrack is released, there is a possibility that the composer and arranger will be revealed.

I'm sorry that I can only tell you this much in spite of your kind message."
(Thanks dowolf for helping to translate; according to him, the "we haven't decided on a release date" is actually more like "We currently have no set plans for releasing it")

Yeah, nothing surprising here, and not exactly new information either, but I felt it was worth noting for the future, just so everyone knows what the official word on this is (and so other people don't waste their time asking the composers themselves). Sadly, it seems as though any composer breakdown for the Paper Mario series shall remain a mystery.

Last edited by KTB; Dec 21, 2020 at 05:57 PM.