View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintin3265 View Post
No.

I get lots of E-Mails every day. I work 9 hours a day, commute, go to the gym every night, make dinner, clean the house, do wash, shop, and do all the other stuff that's necessary to live, and I often feel dead by the time I'm done at night. But I still reply to all my E-Mails. It doesn't take long to reply to E-Mails, even if it's just to say that you will get back to them later. When you don't reply to an E-Mail, PM, or other method of communication, you are disrespecting the other person.
You realize OCR staff has a real life and real work too right? We don't get paid for OCR?
Quote:
I sent this E-Mail to you, zircon, on August 24:

Code:
Hi zircon,

I've been following your work for a while, and have been impressed with
your video game music for years.  I listened to every episode of the VGDJ
podcast, and you seem to remix a lot of FF6 music, which is probably my
fourth favorite game of all time.

If you haven't had a chance to check it out, in February I started a video
game music site at http://www.remixsite.org.  The site is not designed to
compete with Overclocked ReMix, as it has a different purpose.  Whereas
OCR judges for the best music, we let people post everything themselves.

Perhaps you might be interested in posting a song or two of yours there -
even if it's one that you released many years ago.  Instead of marketing
to the existing community, we're attempting to expand it through other
channels, so people who otherwise might not hear your songs will probably
download them.  You can include URLs in the description field and could
gain some publicity for your other projects.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this message or I'm
reachable at quintin3265 anytime on AIM.

Later,

-Steve Sokolowski (quintin3265)
[email protected]
And it was received. Does this E-Mail sound like it was demanding the world? If someone had sent you an E-Mail saying that you had won a million dollars, you would have replied. People are only too busy for things that they consider unimportant.

By stating that I don't deserve a reply, what you are actually saying is that I'm less important than you are. Your time is more valuable than mine because you are somehow busier than everyone else is. I've posted comments to celebrities with thousands of listeners and they have replied within minutes in many cases.
You were someone he had never ever talked to asking him to post his music to your new site which he knew nothing of. It was quite a generic outreach e-mail and I'm guessing you were sending it to many people, yes? He's also on the OCR staff, associated with OCR, posting remixes on OCR. Even if you don't compete with OCR in your mission, why would he post stuff to remixSite? Beyond that, do you know how many e-mails Andy gets? He's getting all kinds of requests, business mails, fan mails and so on. The fact that he didn't reply to your mail does NOT mean OCR hates you. It DOES mean you're less important to him but what the bloody hell did you expect? Him sending a bunch of remixes back to you? Get real.

I.. I really really try hard to see your problem here but it's such an amazingly small thing but it made you start a thread calling the remixing community out.. I'm sorry things aren't working out for remixSite but please answer me this, as simple as you can: What has this got to do with OCR? Why do Dave, the remixers or anyone owe you anything?

Last edited by Another Soundscape; Feb 9, 2010 at 08:08 PM.