View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Is anyone else as bothered by the shortened "Flash" as I am? The development section being cut in half completely distorts the proportions of this otherwise perfect battle theme. What gives, Square?
Well, I guess it was Hamauzu's decision and he thought it'd be better to cut even more as well as the once considered B-section. I personally think it's right, and the most battles in the playable demo version ended before the violin melody came in, and since the omitted part is wonderfully incorporated in the opening movie ("Defiers of Fate") with a real orchestra, it's tiring to hear essentially the same part with the lifeless synth. Much as I like this track, I'd rather complain with the overall structure which I feel is a bit awkward. It sounds as if he laboriously yielded the wonderful violin melody but came up with the rest in 5 minutes or borrowed it from somewhere. I especially don't like the way it loops with the abrupt (remote?) key change.

More than that, I'm really bothered by the noise in "Dust to Dust" after 2:20 or so. It's otherwise the absolute best track of this score.

Last edited by Cedille; Mar 28, 2010 at 09:47 AM.