View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2014, 01:15 PM

Favorite albums1.jpg

I have set Kid Icarus Uprising and Insector X next to each other, as they both have something flying on the cover and one is new and the other old, while both being at the height of production values for their time periods. I managed to find a complete All Over Xanadu (13,500 yen) and a complete Symphony Ys (500 yen). They are both in the same condition, but Symphony Ys has many printings to choose from and All Over Xanadu has but one; hence the fantastic price difference for obtaining them both mint.

Favorite albums2.jpg

I'm very pleased that I managed to find the above 4 albums. Only in one case was my search specific and that was for Famicle Parodic 2. I found the other three by random browsing on YJA. Unlike the other 3, though, I don't find Famicle Parodic 2 all that pleasing to listen to. I keep it only because it eluded me (and everyone else) for 13 years (or more).

Favorite albums3.jpg

In the above you can see 2 old Konami albums and 2 new ones, all of which are phenomenal.

Favorite albums4.jpg

It took me many years to reach the point where I could tolerate the style of music found in the PrePrimer albums. I never, ever, imagined that I would seek the originals. Below them you can see 2 newer releases that I enjoy.

Favorite albums5.jpg

Above are 2 old classics and 2 new ones which are destined to be classics.

I used my Marantz CD player as the background for the pictures. I decided to take pictures of a choice few rather than the shelf.