View Single Post
Old May 28, 2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Agreed that no arrangers should be credited yet.

However, we do know from an interview with Tetsuya Takahashi that no cut-scene BGM has been re-done, with the sole exception of Engage the Enemy:

source
Another exception is "A Tragic Decision" (but it can also be considered as a battle song so this may be why Takahashi did not talk about it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
I'm interested to know who got to compose the new field music for Bionis' Shoulder and whatever else the new scenario required. It's clear from the disc titles that someone arranged Shimomura's main battle theme into a new one for the new field (for all we know it could have been Shimomura herself).
I could bet my money on ACE for the Bionis' Shoulder theme. It has a lot of similarities with the Kingdom of Torna and Leftheria field themes.
And the Nintendo of Europe twitter account confirmed "Time to Fight! (Bionis' Shoulder)" refers to the main battle theme for the new epilogue which is absolutely NOT an arrangement of Shimomura's "Time to Fight!". I think they just re-used the name, as they did with "Battle!! (Torna)" and "Battle!!" from Xenoblade 2. Oh and Hiramatsu is most likely responsible of this track since he tweeted about it, which is quite surprising ! I first thought it was an ACE track. He never ceases to impress me with his battle themes !