View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2021, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
It's a pretty influential game; it pioneered the 3D lock-on system at the same time as OoT (and rarely gets credit for it). I can see going back to the game now and thinking "...so?" but it still holds up as a solid 3D action-RPG dungeon crawler.
I don't know. I can see why one would feel that way, but I always tend to remember the game for it's story. I mean you don't have to go far to find a person who'll say "who cares about the story in a Mega Man game" but I always though the world in Legends was the real prize. Also, the Bonnes are pretty good "villains," they do many immoral things but they aren't unredeemable. I though that was a breath of fresh air after Mega Man X tried the whole "are Mavericks bad for having a different world view?" crap I never cared for.

As for this soundtrack, I think the real problem with it's very context dependent. Many of the tracks work in the game but a good chunk of them lose something outside it. Also, I will never forget when GamePro Magazine said the majority of the soundtrack "consists of shmaltzy elevator tunes" in their review. I don't know HOW you can even say that, there are several types of tracks in this OST, and well, when you say that "Apple Market" and/or "The Flutter" are *shmaltzy elevator tunes* I see that as a complement as I'm pretty sure that's what Tomozawa was aiming for.

Still, very odd choice to put on vinyl IMO, and I can admit that even though I like the score.