View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Interesting.

I'm still not crazy about his entry into Blizzard or his particular cinematic take on music. I don't think Blizzard really needed the position he is filling. I also don't understand the addition of freelance artists onto SC2 when the in-house team is perfectly capable (honestly, I'd be quite pleased if Stafford and Duke handled everything from now on).

That said, I wonder why Blizzard doesn't at least offer digital downloads of the full SC2 soundtrack. I'm really not interested in this new cinematic stuff; I want the in-game BGM. The meat of the soundtrack.

I'm still quite excited to hear HotS's soundtrack given that Stafford was the audio lead this time around. I hope there's more variety in the Zerg music, as I felt Duke went a little too "hard" for SC2 vanilla when compared with the more surreal, electronic Zerg sound of the original SC.
I'm going to have to disagree with you big time there. Brower was *exactly* what Blizzard needed. He created a thematic, orchestral identity to Blizzard's universe that was missing before his arrival. Vanilla WoW had not a good piece of music, excluding the main menu theme and the cues composed by Jason Hayes. With Brower we got music with orchestral prowess.

Now I am not saying he is Goldsmith or Williams caliber, but the quality of music went up big time when Brower came on board.