View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2009, 04:56 AM

Well I started officially buying vgm in 2002 when I stumbled upon an irc channel and actually found out that game soundtracks existed. In 2003 I sold my collection, around 90 pieces (some crap, some very rare) because I was desperate for education cash but the desire to own never went away. Then *5* yes five years later, I found myself in a position to collect vgm again, and since then I have been whore hunting some of the rarest soundtracks on the planet. Why whore hunt the rare ones you say? Just unfortunate that most of my childhood games were very popular, and hence the soundtracks are too. Altho it be only 200 strong I am very proud of my collection, and each of the rare titles has been patiently waited for, to ensure each of my albums is complete and in tip top condition (obi-less albums make me want to tear my eyes out.) VGM is a passion and a hobby, and I love the nostalgic attachments old soundtracks bring to you. I also love the hunt, maybe more than actually owning the pieces themselves, and I find that the most rewarding part of all. On a final note, Eternal Arcadia OST is the best soundtrack ever made, but my favourite piece from my collection is Contra Spirits, that hunt took me about 14 months to find a mint and complete copy.