View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:32 AM

I have been a computer-music fan almost since I started playing video-games (around '87, on Atari ST) and watching demoscene productions. I guess it was the instrumental, melodic and synthetic properties of it which appealed me so much.

I enjoy it to the point that I once used my gameboy as a walkman (playing tunes in the sound test or in pause mode), and made tapes out of various systems plugged on the stereo.
I also started composing computer-music (around '94), using trackers.

Then, thanks to the internet, I discovered about the VGM world in Japan: pressed CDs released with complete soundtracks of even the most obscure arcade games (well, obscure in France ), high end studio arrangements with live instruments, symphonic arrangements, etc... Oh man!

So I started looking for those albums, and found some in stores on Paris. Unfortunately most of those shops carried pirate versions but luckily, I found out about it before buying a big lot.
Then I turned to internet shops, auction sites, sales forums, found legit releases there, and the collection started.

So as you see, computer-music has been a part of my life since my early childhood, then what could be more logical than collecting CDs featuring this kind of music?