View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:32 AM

I was always under the impression that nobody gives a shit about VGM and if people are looking at booklet scans of something that was printed 500 times and probably only sold 300, whoever has the power to come in here and shut us down has better things to do. Plus, isn't the worse case scenario that someone warns us "Hey, you can't do that, take everything down" and then we take it down?

Of course I could be wrong, but video game music is such an incredibly tiny niche thing that I've never got the impression anyone with authority cares.
EDIT: Come to think of it, I don't think anyone gives a shit about CD artwork, period.
http://www.cdcovers.cc/
Then again Megaupload did get shut down, but that was different. Also this isn't to say that "we should do it as long as we don't get caught" should be our motto, if legality is a big thing with us then a solution to the problem would of course be great. However, considering the scans really are our whole source of verification and the database would take a huge hit without them, I think it'd be great to keep them.

Last edited by Hellacia; Feb 13, 2012 at 02:38 AM.