View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
"Sad" -- Guitar + banjo, yes? Again I want to say I hear Wild Arms. But I also hear something more like ... Sakura Wars V or ... Steambot Chronicles? A very innocent, childlike reminiscence theme here. It works, and the key change near the end was rad.
It's actually a mandolin, but let's face it, the distinction isn't terribly clear with this kind of synthesizer.

Thank you for the detailed comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon64 View Post
Very nice! Reminds me a lot of Cthulu Saves the World. Probably from the synths used and the style.
Yep, I tried to go quite retro, although I haven't played that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _if View Post
Once again, I definitely enjoy your work. You bring together your influences in a very pleasing way and succeed at making classic-styled music that I feel avoids being generic. I'd like to hear full versions of all these. Perhaps the synth is a notch or two too basic, though some things, like the very Chrono Cross-esque bass, sound just fine as they are. Unfortunately I'm not a game developer, but for what it's worth, if I were one, you're just the kind of composer I'd be looking for.
Much appreciated! The idea was to have something "classic" sounding that fits "classic" style games. When I hear high-end instrument samples being used in indie 2D, old school games, something just doesn't quite click with me. So I tried to experiment a bit.