View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:55 AM

Yeah, it is basically telling about setsuo and his work with Rockman X.

As for when it comes to who did who, i wish we could actually get in contact with some of these composers, i remember someone mentioning they got in contact with Yoshihiro Sakaguchi and i think Manami Matsumae, maybe you guys could also track down Yuko Takehara, Yuki Iwai, etc?(pweeeeeze?)

Also, something else i noticed is that Roll's theme from MvC has a similar bass to Boomer Kuwanger, which also had Yuko on its OST...(chalks up another line on Yuko's part with Boomer Kuwanger)...Possibility?...hee hee

It seems to me that Setsuo dominated the OST if i am right here, it was like there were many more composers but it was more setsuo's game here, like the opposite with Mighty Final Fight, i can tell yuko did more than setsuo there, i can only hear Setsuo in Harbor Town, everything else seems to be the work of Yuko.

I still have my money on her having done Spark Mandrill as well. I assumed Setsuo, but when i really listened in to it, it sort of sounds along the lines of Boomer Kuwanger and Nash's theme, so i changed my mind.

I can't believe i didn't see this coming, but Yuki having done Chill Penguin makes sense, cause i always thought it sounded familliar, and i found out she also did (Spanish Claw)Balrog's SFZ3 theme, which i realised Chill Penguin was similar to. I also hear more X2 in that one, and it also emphasizes her love for making certain instruments fade(unlike most others) after going on for a few. This is one trigger to recognizing Yuki's work, i also listened to more of her's, and picked out her style a little better. Not to go off topic here, but contrary to many other people out here, i am not particularly a fan of her work, i mean, i like her work in Marvel Superheroes, but in many other games, such as Rockman X2, i am not a big fan of it, RMX2 sounds more experimental to me as opposed to X1, which relied more on capturing an epic action feel, which just does it better for me IMO.

Yuki Iwai
Morph Moph
Chill Penguin RMX1
Balrog/Vega Alpha 3
Flame Stag
Wolverine
(Last two for examples of her trademark fading)

Yuko Takehara
Boomer Kuwanger
Spark Mandrill
Tomahawk Man
Roll
Nash
I'll Do It

Last edited by HarukameiKasumo; Nov 17, 2010 at 03:04 AM.