View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:58 AM

I understand that this is an old comment, but I'd like to point this out anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
Seriously, for popular albums like this, can't we just go with the more well-known titles that were in the English sound test as defaults?
Quote:
Exaggerated, sure, but how and why is this extra word useful in identifying which track this is?
for one, this is a Japanese soundtrack release for a Japanese video game; though if we were really being accuracy-minded, this would be taken in a variety of other ways that I take to have always been frowned upon.

no. remember that vgmdb catalogs video game sound track albums, not the actual music that appeared in the game itself. what matters here is, and has always been, what is printed on the album itself. this should be of the most primary concern, because that is exactly what the printers had intended, and then there are the mistakes which do not matter... for this reason. it is for this reason that we do not automatically correct "errors" in the labeling, such as improperly ordered tracks or typos, nor do we append "[sic]"s to such (because things like that are what the notes are for, obviously).

in fact, there should not even be a tracklist based on a sound test in some English-language version of the game for this reason. but we do not generally shun such things, as long as they are considered alternate and otherwise; never the default, because the album itself does not call for them.

Last edited by lgb; Jan 19, 2010 at 10:02 AM.