View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2010, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
5. Official titles are WoG; you just can't deny them; the only exception is if they're all capital letters; those I lowercase appropriately, but I digress.
About this... see, they're not all capital letters here (not saying you said they were in this case). I agree with you... and I agree with Brad. In my world, I do whatever the hell I want with the track names. But in an online database, there needs to be some level of accuracy, and the original names need to be somewhat respected. It's the individual user's choice to make changes after that.

While I realize it's probably a good idea to use normal title capitalization for tracklists that are COMPLETELY CAPITALIZED (and some soundtracks here honor the original case even then), these titles are not quite in gratuitous caps. Some letters are lowercased - "Dr.RIGHT" for example. This tells me the capitalization was a little more than stylization.

For another thing, on most of the other tracklists I've seen here, there has at least been an attempt to match the names up with the American version. Regardless of whether or not the box listed things in English, the names make absolutely no sense on an "English" tracklist if you've played the games.

I've changed the original tracklist to honor the English names, as well as some other changes (like "Password" to "Pass Word" and "Megaman" to "Mega Man", which are how these things actually appear in the games), and I've also added the original tracklist in its entirety. It's labeled as the Japanese tracklist for now, because... it is, even if no Japanese characters are in it. My apologies if this isn't a good thing, but against all the other instances of Americanization and full capitalization, it seemed like the right thing to do.

:)

Last edited by Hellacia; Feb 18, 2010 at 04:07 AM.