View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:48 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
While I realize it's probably a good idea to use normal title capitalization for tracklists that are COMPLETELY CAPITALIZED (and some soundtracks here honor the original case even then), these titles are not quite in gratuitous caps. Some letters are lowercased - "Dr.RIGHT" for example. This tells me the capitalization was a little more than stylization.
I see what you mean, but for tracktitles written with roman characters we tend to enter exactly what is given in the tracklist, even in cases where the usage of all caps seems more like a generic than a conscious choice. For other fields such as the album display title and the notes field it is of lesser importance though.

Quote:
on most of the other tracklists I've seen here, there has at least been an attempt to match the names up with the American version.
This should only be true when the tracktitle in question is not written in roman characters. If the tracklist explicitly states "Dr. Right", then we should go with that, even though it's a pretty clear spelling error. Basically, if we can figure out what it's really 'supposed' to say, then other fans will likely have no problems either and can choose themselves how to use or further spread the given information.

Quote:
My apologies if this isn't a good thing, but against all the other instances of Americanization and full capitalization, it seemed like the right thing to do.
Oh yeah, this certainly seems like a more correct tracklist - in all its all caps glory =)