View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2010, 09:17 PM

One reason I did it is because I'm under the impression that people use VGMdb's cddb service to automatically enter song information into their CDs when they're going to rip stuff. Personally, I find it so tiring having to change everything to make sense to the version of the game I know. I'd love for a cddb service to actually offer the version of names I'm familiar with. And I just can't believe that I am the only one on the planet that would like to have the names recognizable to what I know from the game. I figured that people could use the second tracklist to automatically enter the localized information, which in this case would save a good 241 tracks of information from being entered manually (a feat I've sadly done haha). After all, we have romaji tracklists in some soundtracks for crying out loud, lol. If that's not useless... Anyway, that's one reason I decided to include the other tracklist, not to mention the localizing of names in multiple other tracklists I've seen and personally dealt with here.

It's fine though, I'll try to make note that localization should only take place when things were originally in Japanese. Which still doesn't make sense to me. But I'd rather help than try to argue an entirely new system, so I'll go about my way trying to fix up the numerous CDs I have, and I'm sorry for the trouble of the extra tracklist :)